Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > bagelmom6's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

bagelmom6's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk
Ruby Princess cruise in April 2013
Member Name: bagelmom6
Cruise Date: April 2013
Member Review: bagelmom6's Ruby Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Tendering went very quickly and smoothly. The area was small but very pretty. There seemed to be plenty of chairs. We enjoyed the water and my daughter loved Pelican's Perch. They had a nice covered play area and a small pool. The buffet was good. There were burgers, hot dogs and some very good fish. They also had very good fresh fruit.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

This was the island I was most excited about and it turned out to be my biggest disappointment. The scenery wasn't lush and green like the other islands. We took an excursion through a private company and it was just okay. We didn't spend long enough at any stop to really enjoy it. We felt rushed the whole time. We went to Maho Beach and had to leave right before the Air France plane landed. That was a huge disappointment since that was my main reason for booking that particular tour. We went to Serafina's in Marigot and didn't enjoy it as much as we expected to. It doesn't help that we had a short stop there and had to rush. We only had an hour at Orient Beach. The waves were kind of strong so my daughter just played in the sand making sandcastles.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Magen Bay Beach Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We took the Magens Bay and Blackbeard's Castle excursion. We loved, loved, loved Magens Bay. It's my new favorite beach. It was absolutely beautiful and the water was perfect. We were lucky that only two ships were in port. I imagine that it can get packed when there are several ships in port but it was perfect the day we were there. We didn't want to leave. Blackbeard's Castle was fun but we didn't have long enough there. We walked through each place pretty quickly and we spent about 15 minutes in the pool. I would love to go back and spend a few hours there. There was one very strange thing there. Everything seems to be from around the 1800's and then suddenly you enter a dark room with a big dinosaur roaring. My daughter was terrified and started screaming and crying. It was very out of place. My mom and I enjoyed a couple of Bushwacker's at the bar at the bottom of the hill. Other than the dinosaur, we enjoyed Blackbeard's Castle and would go back.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Grand Turk
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We took the island tour that included the Salt Quay and lighthouse. The stops were interesting as we were driving around the island the guide would say things like "over there you'll see..." but would never tell us where to look so we kept looking around and missing everything. The roads were also extremely bumpy and we spent the whole ride bouncing around.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum