Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Traveling_fool's Port Reviews of Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk

Traveling_fool's Port Reviews of Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk
Carnival Victory cruise in April 2013
Member Name: Traveling_fool
Cruise Date: April 2013
Member Review: Traveling_fool's Carnival Victory Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Hadn't been to Nassau in a long time, so was pleased to see how nice it was. We visited the Pirates Museum and stopped at a local restaurant for a lunch of Conch Fritters and local beer.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Just thought we'd check out the beach and then have lunch on the island at the buffet. The beach was crowded, and it didn't look like we would find an empty lounge chair. As we stood there pondering whether we should just get back on the ship, a woman tapped me on the shoulder and said the she was heading back to the ship, and would we like her clam shell sun shade. After trying, unsuccessfully, to give her something toward the cost, we enjoyed the shade on the beach until it was time to go to lunch. It was a nice relaxing day.
More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I think you have to be a diver to really appreciate this island, which we are not. I was excited about going here, as we had never been to Grand Turk. We took a taxi to 'downtown' and were dropped off in an area that didn't look like anything I was expecting. The brochure mentioned historic 18th century buildings and I was looking forward to taking pictures of these. We didn't see anything that fit that description. We did find the National Museum, which was well worth the $5. entrance fee. We then took a taxi back, asking to be dropped off at Jack's Shack, which I had heard about online. (You can print out a coupon for a free rum shot) We enjoyed a lunch of Jerk Chicken and local beer, and of course, our rum shots, before walking down the beach, back to the ship.

If you have children with you, (we did not) you would probably enjoy spending the day at Margaritaville, which is walking distance from the ship.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum