Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > wannabeavip's Port Reviews of Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, Nassau

wannabeavip's Port Reviews of Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, Nassau
Carnival Freedom cruise in April 2013
Member Name: wannabeavip
Cruise Date: April 2013
Member Review: wannabeavip's Carnival Freedom Review
Antigua
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I had booked the Island Tour with Lawrence of Antigua through emails but could not find him when I go to the port. Did not really mind because I will go back there. Very convenient and friendly port. As soon as I got off the ship I felt like I was downtown whether I was or not. To the left is a casino whose lounge was filled with people using the free WiFi. Too bad I had left my computer on the ship. I got some really good buys on fabric and slouch purses. Also got to talk to a lot of the locals while I was just walking around. Definitely want to go back and see the island.

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: Not Rated
Ok - did not go far - just wanted a few souvenirs. Local inexpensive vendors just beyond the gate.
More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
One of my favorite places. Have taken tours several times in the past so just wanted to walk around the mall right by the port. Was able to get four cartons of American cigarettes for $100. Since St Thomas is a US Possession, we can bring back 5 cartons through customs.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Have also taken tours several times in the past in Nassau. Getting from the port to the street is such a long walk - feels like you are going to another country! Could not get WiFi to work no matter where I went. Made it as far as the Hard Rock Cafe and Tim Horton's and then gave up and went back to the ship.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum