Member Reviews

Embarkation: other
Member Review: retiring soon's Carnival Dream Review
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
Here I took the "Carambola Garden & Island Tour". The garden tour was nice & shaded for the most part. This was the only place I saw cats which I like.

Karen our garden guide was very good & cut up some fruits to let us taste.

We then went to a souvenir shop in a lovely little town where I walked over to see the beach as I'm not a shopper.

After that stop we headed to a beach which was not supposed to be a part of our tour but was a lovely stop. So much activity at that beautiful beach! Of course there were people selling their wares but they weren't pushy. There was a restaurant there too & many places to sit including swings.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: Not Rated
I didn't take an excursion here as I wanted to see the little town of Mahahual

which sounded cute to me. At the port there were many shops & free wifi! There was also a dolphin place nearby but I didn't see it close up. The bus to the town

was only $3 & the taxi back $2. The town is cute with a boardwalk & the beach amazing! I bought some post cards from a book store there & darned if the owner wasn't from a Town about an hour away from me! Small world eh?

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum