Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Rileywish's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

Rileywish's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Dream cruise in March 2013
Member Name: Rileywish
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: Rileywish's Carnival Dream Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I thought was port a waste of time. Dirty area...always had to be aware of your surroundings. Didn't really feel safe on the streets. I didn't care for any of the excursions that they offered at this port. Should have just stayed on ship.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Didn't like this port either. There wasn't alot of shopping opportunities and I thought the area was dirty (tho not as bad as Nassau) I probably should have done an excursion at this port...just to do something.
More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I loved St. Maaren. They offer water taxies (about $14 round trip) which we used the 1st day. 2nd day we used the taxies...and it was so much faster and only $8 round trip...plus they let you out in the middle of the shopping district. Beach was beautiful....tho don't think the chaises they have out are for public use. Saw people trying to sit down in them and people ran over and told them they had to pay for them (about $15 for a few hours). The beach was beautiful white sand and the water a beautiful blue color. I did put a towel down and sat for a while and went into the water. The shops are very plentiful as are the street vendors. T-shirts are pretty cheap at the vendors booths ($5.00) so good for souvenirs. Also cloth tote bags are cheap. Streets are filled with jewelry stores and every store has a woman outside hawking the store and trying to give you coupons....aggravating. And the sidewalks are very narrow as are the streets...Taxies zoom down the streets....the 2nd day we were there the street was blocked for automobile traffic, so much nicer to shop. Only complaint was not a lot of places to eat or places I'd WANT to eat at (dirty looking) So don't plan on really eating in the shopping district...not alot to choose from.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum