Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > cherrykiwi15's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee

cherrykiwi15's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee
Celebrity Silhouette cruise in April 2013
Member Name: cherrykiwi15
Cruise Date: April 2013
Member Review: cherrykiwi15's Celebrity Silhouette Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The taxis that leave from the cruise port have pre-determined rates. You can be sure ahead of time how much you'll owe, which is nice. We first went downtown and walked around. It was nice to get a feel for the city but since we don't really shop, we only spent about 40 minutes downtown. We were impressed with how friendly and nice everyone was.

We then took a taxi to the "Money Bar" beach club. I highly recommend this place. It is a restaurant right on the water. There is no cover/entry fee, as long as you drink or eat there. There is no "beach" but they have a sandy area with lounge chairs, a great view of the coastline, and water access for great snorkeling. Our server was so sweet and we truly had the most relaxing time here, just relaxing with beautiful views and beer.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The taxis in grand cayman were a bit pricier than Cozumel. We later found out that there is a public bus that runs around town for $2. Definitely recommend looking into that, if you can.

We first went to Royal Palms on 7-mile beach and had lunch. Their sandy white beach is beautiful but snorkeling wasn't too great. The beach was also pretty crowded. The charge a $2 entry fee but chairs/umbrellas are not included. Great if you want lunch and a beach though.

Later, we went to Cemetery beach, which is further down and much more secluded. This beach was so quiet and lovely and we had the most amazing snorkeling here. If you snorkel, this is a must. Unless you pack a picnic, I recommend eating before coming here, as there is no food/drink nearby.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We only did one Celebrity shore excursion on our trip and it was in Jamaica. I am so glad we did, since Ocho Rios (where most stuff is) is about an hour away. The excursion price included the bus ride, with narration, tubing on the white river, lunch, a boat ride, and Dunns river falls.

The tubing was great (the river is so beautiful) and climbing Dunns River Falls was a "must do." It's stunning. I don't know if I will ever go back to Jamaica, but I am truly glad I got to spend a little bit of time there.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Labadee
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This was a great port for a good old fashioned beach day. Not much to do besides swim and relax. Labadee is a beautiful island but it does feel weird being in Haiti, without actually "being in Haiti." However, the scenery is gorgeous, the free lunch was nice, and I loved having access to free beach chairs. Also, it was nice how the beverage packaged worked here, since it's royal caribbean owned. Make this your "do nothing/read a good book/relax" day.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum