Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: antiochsteveo's Mariner of the Seas Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Got to Roatan, docked and went Scuba diving with Anthony Key Resort's package (provided by RCL). AKR was a good group to dive with. Knowledgable but somewhat lazy, didn't really do much to assist their divers, just pretty much took our money, provided us water to drink (no food) and got us in and out pretty quick. I'd rate them on a scale of 1-10 (10 being outstanding) as a 5. The port of Roatan, not much to buy, but decent none the less. It's quaint, go to the interior of the city (hence, leave the gated area) and it can be a little overwhelming... Merchants and villagers looking like their ready to pounce on you for the Gringo dollar pretty quick. It was nice to get on the boat again and relax.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The next day we got to Belize. We were had to be tendered in and out via boats. I went Scuba diving with Hugh Parkey's dive adventures. These guys R-O-C-K. The crew, to die for. Fun, wise, great to work with, they pampered us, LOVED the crew of Hugh Parkey's Dive shop (Royal did WELL to use them) and I highly recommend them to you. They fed us, helped us, helped us clean our gear afterwards, what can I say... AMAZING. Loved them, I'd fly to Belize to dive with them ANY DAY of the week... My fiance' went into Belize City, wasn't very impressed and the tendering between the boat and the land was not good for her. Quite displeased about Belize, but different experiences happen to different people. I would rate Hugh Parkey's group (10+) with MADD love to Captain Biggie and the General as well as Marvin and Martin our dive masters. Got back on board the board, life was good...
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum