Member Reviews

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: armyrs's Celebrity Eclipse Review
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
The port authorities permitted a 5 man drum band to bang away from 8 am until 4 pm. This band was located on the dock, beneath the verandas of the ship itself. We have heard bands play at other ports but they were always away from the ship. This time they were right next to the gang plank. You are tortured by this drum banging all day. Your verandas is rendered useless. I think they must believe that they are providing a taste of the island culture. All they are doing is adding to noise pollution. This is not the nice steel drum music you might enjoy. No, this is just loud banging on drums. Shopping at this port is also a waste of time and money. Save your money for St. Maartens or any of the other islands. This port should be crossed off Celebrity's ports of call.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum