Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Beach_gal's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, Nassau

Beach_gal's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, Nassau
Ruby Princess cruise in March 2013
Member Name: Beach_gal
Cruise Date: March 2013
Member Review: Beach_gal's Ruby Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Princess Cays is a beautiful beach with gorgeous water. We've never had problems finding a lounge in the shade. I recommend reserving your water floats in advance as they sell out the day of.

We always stroll off property in the back to see what the local vendors have. This past trip we picked up an old license plate for our beach room at home.

We never eat in the bbq area as we like to eat a big breakfast and then munch on pizza after our day on the beach.

My only complaint about PC is the crowds. I like lounging around and reading a good book and at PC there are always people walking around you and I find it distracting. I also hate going into the water when there are 300 other people in the water in such close proximity.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We spent the day by renting a quad and driving around the entire island! It was absolutely FABULOUS! We rented our quad from NASA.

We started by going to Maho beach, with several stops made for some great photos overlooking beaches and a bay. How lucky we were because within 10 minutes of our arrival a plane landed. We hung out for an hour, had a beer and watched another plane land, then took off for our next stop: Marigot.

After arriving in Marigot, we simply parked our quads on a sidewalk! No worries about finding a parking place. It was great! We made our way to Sarafina's and had a delicious lunch. My husband had a panini and I had a croissant sandwich and his panini was our of this world. It had a basil pesto sauce on it that was incredible!

There was a straw market nearby, but we wanted to hit Orient Beach so we hopped on our quads and took off. Once we arrived at Orient Beach, we parked at Palm Beach and sat around their beach bar for another beer. We hung out for a while, played in the beautiful water, then decided to head back to port so we didn't miss our ship.

After arriving back at NASA, the wonderful owner offered to drive us back to port but we wanted to shop so we declined. He is such a great guy - he gave us a license plate as we mentioned we were heading off to buy one. I cannot recommend NASA highly enough.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We've been to the Bahamas a ton of times so we weren't too thrilled about stopping here (we were supposed to go to Grand Turk so this change to our itinerary was not very welcome). However....we had an absolute blast - probably our best day in port much to our surprise!

We decided to stroll over to Junkanoo Beach and finish off all the rum we brought with us. We bought a bunch of Coke and made rum and cokes while we played in the ocean (which was deep blue and beautiful!).

All the beach bars were cooking jerk chicken and the aroma was so enticing we decided to have lunch out there. The chicken was delish (from Junkanoo Beach bar and grill) and while I took a nap in the sun, by husband hung out with the guys running the bar. He ended up taking off his shirt and giving it to one of the guys, and as we both were lounging around in the sun all day, we both got burned.

As we strolled back to the ship, we had to go buy my husband a new shirt and I ended up buying a TON of junk souvenirs from the straw market. Thanks rum.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum