Member Reviews

Cruise Date: April 2013
Member Review: Ben Hurt's Norwegian Epic Review
Miami
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
As for the Norwegian processing, I have no complaints. They are always friendly and prompt. But, if you are looking for a place to park your car for a week, avoid Premier Parking. Just look for the reviews on-line and you will see why. You will be tempted since they are cheap, but they are cheap because they don't have enough shuttles so you will find yourself scared that you will miss the boarding deadline.

We did feel a good bit of resentment over one issue, namely the "tip" that is not a tip but just a genuine fee of $24 a day. When we signed up with our so-called personal representative (Guzman), I asked him if our charge included everything. He just "forgot" to mention the fee, which we didn't learn about until weeks later, in some very tiny fine print (since I had sailed with a group on my earlier excursion, I didn't arrange any details). We tried to contact him twice but never heard a word from our "personal" representative, and Norwegian said, "Tough luck." We asked the crew if they actually received any of the "tip" and they weren't sure, or how much, so it leaves you a bit cynical about where this moola actually goes. And, yes, we tipped the people we actually worked with on the ship, so we paid twice, but we wanted to make sure that they got some recognition for their effort.

More Miami Reviews Miami Port Profile Miami Forum