Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > crusr4life's Port Reviews of Hilo, Kona, Maui, Honolulu, Ensenada

crusr4life's Port Reviews of Hilo, Kona, Maui, Honolulu, Ensenada
Destination: Hawaii
Member Review: crusr4life's Celebrity Century Review
Hilo
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
With the ports we were also disappointed at how unorganized and inconsistent they were. We were late getting into Hilo and I had to cancel my helicopter flight. Mind you this was the only "big family thing" we had planned. By this time I was in tears and wondering what type of disaster is going to happen next. So for Hilo we only had 5 hours plus by the time we arrived everything was closing or closed. Many other passengers were upset because they took excursions that went to places that were closed. Let's just say that by this time many people were upset about the whole cruise. When we got off the boat we took a tour that went to the Volcano's National Park and Rainbow Falls. We walked through the lava tube and went to the Volcano Museum. It was great because we were just happy to be off the ship.

More Hilo Reviews Hilo Port Profile Hilo Forum
Kona
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Then we had to be tendered in Kona which was also a disaster because there was no announcement on were to pick up tender tickets. Thank God I got up early and went to the guest relations and asked because no one knew. That morning we got tender #4 and we still got off 1 ½ hours later. We took a taxi to Wikalowa Village and was there for the day.
More Kona Reviews Kona Port Profile Kona Forum
Maui
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Maui was ok and rented cars for the day. We went to the beach and sat out there and wathced people swim then went to our luau. I booked the luau at the Royal Lahaina Luau and it was average. They had an open bar with a buffet style dinner and it was good. The show showed the diferent island cultures and the fire dancing was great.

More Maui Reviews Maui Port Profile Maui Forum
Honolulu
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Last, we had tickets to Pearl Harbor and rented a car in Oahu. First Celebrity changed the times in Oahu twice already and I had to cancel my luau because of this. Mind you I have been to Paradise Cove Luau twice and wanted to take my family there but since they changed the times to 8am to 8pm I had to cancel. Well that day they changed it again and it was from 8am to 10pm. I was so upset because now I could have gone, but we already booked and did one in Maui. So we ran to Pearl Harbor and after went to Waikiki and had lunch. It rained most of the day and it was chilly so we drive to the North Sore and stopped at the Dole Pinnaple Platation. It was very informative and was fun. The North Shore was pretty and sunnier.

More Honolulu Reviews Honolulu Port Profile Honolulu Forum
Ensenada
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Last is Ensenada which we arrived at 7pm but since so late, again stores were closed and nothing to do or see. Their is a bus that goes to downtown for $2.00 there and $1.00 back to the port. So we tookt he bus to downtown and we ate and had drinks till about 9pm then went back to the ship.

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum