Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > okgladmom's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth

okgladmom's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth
Navigator of the Seas cruise in March 2013
Member Name: okgladmom
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: okgladmom's Navigator of the Seas Review
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We booked "Passion Island Escape by Boat" and LOVED it! This was our 3rd trip to Cozumel and we were looking for something different. We boarded a boat and the ride took about 30 min to the island. It was beautiful! Perfect sandy beach, unlimited bar drinks, hammocks, shady tables, plenty of lounge chairs, delicious lunch and probably the best guacamole I've ever had (I lived in Houston 10 years, I know guacamole). The downer? Not enough time. We had to leave at 1:00. Highly recommend this excursion for a relaxing beach break! The cost was $79 per person.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Kayaking Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
You kayak out to the dive spot. Nothing much to report here.

Snorkeling Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We booked "Cheeseburger Reef Kayak and Power Snorkel" and I'm giving it a generous 3 because the owners of the equipment and guides were so nice. The power snorkel equipment barely worked and was more trouble than it was worth. We did a similar excursion last year in Grand Turk and the equipment was much nicer and we could zip around really fast if we wanted. Most people ended up putting the power snorkel back on the kayak and snorkeled without it. The cost was only $65 per person, so I guess you get what you pay for.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: Not Rated
We booked a day pass to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort thru an independent website. A very comfy bus drove us there, taking 30 minutes. I didn't see the resort rooms, but the grounds are exquisite! I will definately look into taking an all inclusive vacation there in the future. Beautiful beach and a lazy river, food, drinks and transfer (bus ride) were included in the cost of $94 per person. I would highly recommend this excursion!

No reason to worry about being in Jamaica as some people do. RC has built a huge shopping complex at the port. We didn't see any of the "scary" stuff until we left the area.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum