Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SethroK's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

SethroK's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Dream cruise in March 2013
Member Name: SethroK
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: SethroK's Carnival Dream Review
Nassau
Island Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
After wandering the shopping district near the port, we decided to get some history via a horse-drawn carriage ride. Flagging down a driver was no problem - as he approached us first. The cost for the 4 of us was fifty bucks (probably could have negotiated lower) - the ride lasted about 20min - and it was enjoyable. The kid at the end offered to take our photo then (of course) asked for a tip for doing so.

Three large ships were in port that day, which made for a VERY long line re-entering port security (the wait was about 15min).

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Our misfortune of not finding a rental car for the day turned into great luck, as we found "Benjie" the friendly taxi driver who was more than happy to negotiate a day-long private tour and beach/snorkeling stop for our family of 4. A 28-year veteran of the St Thomas police force and former US Secret Service agent, we felt perfectly safe as he drove us around the island in his 15 passenger air-conditioned van. The experience was highly personal, Benjie was extremely polite, knowledgeable and accommodating, and I was more than happy to give him a nice tip to what I felt was a reasonable price of one hundred forty dollars.

Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
While it wasn't a full-day blowout event, snorkeling at Coki Beach for about an hour was perfect for my family - three of whom had never snorkeled before. The beach was fairly crowded but there was still room for more, and those who snorkeled near the rocks just off the beach were rewarded with lots of fish. We were brought here by our friendly tour guide/taxi driver "Benjie" - who took very good care of us during the course of our Island Tour.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
My family of 4 hooked up with 2 other Cruise Critic passengers from the CC roll call, and our group of six enjoyed a private tour with Timo from Bernard's Tours. With 5 large ships in port, Bernard's Tours were very busy - however check-in was flawless and Timo was simply fantastic. Super-friendly and accommodating, Timo's attitude was "Whatever makes you happy makes me happy" - and he worked hard to ensure we had a wonderful and memorable day. Timo even called ahead to book a table for six for a wonderful lunch in a jam-packed restaurant in Marigot, and our table was awaiting our arrival - no waiting! There was a minor money glitch at the end of the tour (in all the excitement of checking in I forgot to ensure my deposit was deducted from the balance), but Bernard was right there and after listening to my story he immediately made things right.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum