Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: sheryl319's Norwegian Sky Review
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I enjoyed this private island. All of the food on the island was included with the price of our cruise. The beach was nice and I enjoyed that it was just us from the ship there. We rented a raft and did some swimming and enjoyed the nice weather. We took money with us, but I wish I had known that everything was included and that the cost of the raft was able to be charged to our account. They island needs lockers and a dressing area. I only found a restroom, which was nice and clean, but there was not a specific dressing area nor any lockers available. We were forced to leave our belongings unattended on the beach while we swam and rafted. Otherwise I enjoyed this experience.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We were approached by a taxi driver who took us and 2 other couples on a city tour for $25 each. We went to Atlantis, saw all the different residential neighborhoods, visited a beach, ate some conch, drank coconut water, saw the Queen's Staircase, did a little shopping and got a lot of good BS from the driver. He dropped us off near Bay Street and we did more shopping and picked up our free items from the stores. I recommend finding a good taxi driver like that as we got to see some areas we would not have otherwise and it was cheaper than the ship's excursions. We still had plenty of time to do more shopping too. We thought some of the local shop owners were a bit rude. We expected pushy, but thought that they were rude compared to other places (Kenya, Mexico) we had been. We had coupons for free items in some of the stores. We expected them to try to sell us additional items when redeeming our coupons, but they didn't. I was surprised because I could have been convinced to buy a setting for my free loose blue topaz. Instead she just gave it to me and let me walk out of the store. I almost felt kind of weird wanting to ask about a setting, so I didn't. Her loss. Most of them just weren't very friendly.
More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum