Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Nikki Lisette's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Nikki Lisette's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Freedom cruise in March 2013
Member Name: Nikki Lisette
Cruise Date: March 2013
Member Review: Nikki Lisette's Carnival Freedom Review
Key West
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Weather was warm, very humid. Did some walking around, sightseeing. Had lunch at Kelly's and then did the Margaritaville thing. Great time. :)

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Kayaking Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Kayaking is fun. Jay gave great instructions and we didn't tip our boat once. I didn't understand why the tour guide went on and on about Mangroves until back on the ship I read the description of the excursion. Oops, it was all about Mangroves, lol.

Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Lovely. Jay, the proprietor was warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable about the islands and it's flora and fauna. The snorkeling was a blast - Jay made sure that everyone had a good time and there was plenty of sea life to look at. Gorgeous. My favorite excursion of all.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Ocho Rios
Bobsled Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Such a thrilling ride. I suggest being hooked to someone else because then you have no control over the speed. The ride was too short, I wanted to ride over and over. Lol.

Chairlift Rating: 5+ out of 5+
So beautiful and terrifying at the same time. The ride is long and really enjoyable. The museum at the top has original relics from pirate Captain Morgan and his ship and Captain Bligh (Mutiny of the Bounty). The local artists up there are friendly and not at all pushy. There is also a Mystic Mountain gift shop up there that is reasonably priced.

Dunn's River Falls Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I felt like we were rushed on the Dunn's River Falls tour which in essence may have led to me fracturing my toe on an underwater rock. While the climb up the falls is leisurely and refreshing, the constant drive to "have fun" and "shake your booty" was a little bit over the top. The tour guide and photogs are interested in only one thing: Money! So the quicker you get up the falls and act a fool, the better. They capture all moments on a DVD and hustle you heavily for it at the end of the tour.

Holding hands for a rock climb is wrong and dangerous and yet they kept insisting we hold each other's hands, forming a chain of slip, sliding tourists. After the first level, I stopped holding anyone's hands so that I could keep my balance and enjoy myself.

Staying in a group was unnecessary as well. The only purpose of the group was so that the photogs knew where to find your video at the end.

You can climb the Falls without a group, at your own pace. There were so many groups that the scene was a madhouse on the falls. Anyhow, I slammed my toe into an underwater rock when our tour guide kept insisting that we move quickly up the rocks and into the next photo op area.

After leaving the falls midway, I limped to the First Aid station where I was splinted and reminded that Dunn's River takes no responsibility for my injury. No problem mon, not much you can do for a hairline fracture anyway.

Anyway, I rested under the trees near the tour guides and photogs while waiting for my group to finish. Interesting the conversations they had. Cruise ship tourists are called Movie Stars. They complained amongst themselves the lack of revenue the Movie Stars were providing that day and joked about charging the "heavies" more to climb the falls because they required more assistance. Whatever. I laughed along with them! When in Rome... right?

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum