Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: JulesBee's Oosterdam Review
Juneau
Whale Watching Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Best excursion we've taken. The guide was knowledgeable and really included my daughter - 12 yrs old - in different aspects of the tour. We went on a nature walk and studied the different organisms on the trail and in the water, then went to the Mendenhall Glacier and took pictures while learning so many fascinating things about the area. Did you know Mendenhall has all these things named after him in Juneau and he never set foot in Juneau.

Finally we went on a very small (12 people) whale watching boat and headed out. We saw many different marine animals and whales, but the highlight was seeing several different pods of Orcas! We got very close to the killer whales and spent a long time watching the family groups of beautiful Orcas make their way along. It was spectacular and our guide made it even better.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Sitka
Tlingit Tribal Show Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The Tinglit Tribal show was great! Informative and interesting. I would highly recommend it. Sitka was my favorite port and I've been trying to find a way to move there permanently ever since we visited - some day!

More Sitka Reviews Sitka Port Profile Sitka Forum
Ketchikan
Totem Bight State Park Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The Totem State Park and the bears were great. The Park is beautiful and it was fun to watch the bears, but our tour guide was just plain awful! My daughter and I were able to just ignore him and have our own fun, but it was pricey and not really worth the money. The only excursion we didn't book through Holland America, and the only excursion we regretted.

We also went to the Lumberjack Show and it was a lot of fun. It was a great stop especially if you have kids.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum