Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > chrryslsh's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

chrryslsh's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Carnival Breeze cruise in March 2013
Member Name: chrryslsh
Cruise Date: March 2013
Member Review: chrryslsh's Carnival Breeze Review
St. Thomas
Helmet Dive Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Would have given it a 5+ except for the woman who lined us up at the pier. She was very Rude. she asked my 10 yr old son how much he weighed. I told her about 90 -95 lbs. She said. I was talking to him. I told her well I don't think he knows what he weighs. She said. well they will weigh him there. so what difference did it make and why did she have to be rude? Anyway. once there. it was the best excursion EVER!! no they did not weigh him and never saw that woman again. (She said the minimum weight is 80 lbs BTW) the divers who guided us were so attentive to my son. showed him every little animal. let him touch and hold everything. spent so much time with him. I was so very impressed with them. I would recommend this to anyone. my grown daughter was very nervous about doing this as she is a little claustrophobic. She loved it too. she had no problem at all. she said it did not feel like she was closed in. my husband has sinus problems and was nervous about going so deep as he has problems at times with that but he didn't have much problems either. you start out about 6 feet deep and walk downhill until you are about 20 feet deep. it was really awesome. we saw sea spiders, star fish, sea cucumbers, lots of fish, and lots of other things I cant remember the names of. Also after you get done with the helmet dive you can also explore the rest of coral world. We fed the Larakeets which are these very pretty little birds who land on your hands and eat out of these little containers you hold. then you can swim on Coki Beach. See the Sharks at the shark encounters too.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
See Antigua by Sea..... This was a wonderful excursion. yes me, my husband and grown daughter went on it mainly to party and we took our 10 yr old son so he could snorkel. there were many other kids there too and it was good for them too. They take you all the way around the island in a beautiful catamaran. I had read some reviews that said on the Atlantic side it got real bumpy and a lot of people got sea sick then but it was not bad at all. it was fun. the crew was so so funny and kept everyone laughing all the time. provided non-alcoholic beverages to everyone as they showed us all the sights as we cruised for about 30 minutes until we came to (green island?) where everyone got off the boat to snorkel or sunbathe or whatever. The guides gave instruction to those who needed it and took boats out in case anyone needed them as the reef is a ways out. saw lots of sea creatures. fish, squid, etc. after about an hour they served a wonderful lunch of chicken, fish, veggies, salad, and lots of other stuff. and them the alcohol began to flow. and the party started. we stayed at the island about another 30 minutes and then resumed our tour around the rest of the island. all the while dancing and singing. the whole tour is about 6 1/2 hours. so so much fun for all. We also saw a Whale on our way back around the island which was amazing to me.
More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: Not Rated
Swimming with the dolphins... The excursion itself was great. my son loved it.. he got to swim with the dolphins, shake hands, kiss them etc. I gave it a 3 for several reasons. first..it is very expensive. when i booked it it did not say that an adult had to be in the water with anyone under 18 and since I have already done this I only booked it for my 10 yr old son. When we arrived I was told he could not go unless I went to and had to pay $166 to do it. and my husband and daughter had to pay $37 apiece just to observe. Second.. They take pictures.. that is good however.. Wow.. They are so expensive. you can buy one picture for $25 dollars or you can buy the CD for $80 with one person in it or you can buy the CD with 2 people in it for $100.. the one good thing about this one that most others don't let you do is that the observers can bring cameras and take pictures.

Tortola port itself doesn't have much. There are a few straw huts just outside the pier where you can buy some souvenirs at for decent prices or you can walk a real long way or take a taxi downtown but it didn't look to me like I would want to be there.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
Nassau
Snorkeling Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
This tour was very different than the other snorkel tour we took earlier in the week. the boat was run down. kinda dirty. no refreshments were offered on the way out to the snorkel spot. no instructions given. a waiver was passed out basically stating that no matter what happened they were not responsible. if you were drowning they would/could not help you. if they were negligent.. too bad.. you could not sue them and they wanted us to sign it.. I signed it but I also crossed off the part that said I would not sue them if they were negligent. the snorkeling was good. only because I love to snorkel and know how. we only got to snorkel about 40 minutes. It was fairly cold so that was OK. on the way back they did provide some rum punch but OMG it was the worst tasting stuff ever. I like to drink but I don't drink just to drink. I could not stomach that stuff. I would not recommend this excursion at all.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum