Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Susanbemore's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, St. George's, Cozumel

Susanbemore's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, St. George's, Cozumel
Freedom of the Seas cruise in March 2013
Member Name: Susanbemore
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: Susanbemore's Freedom of the Seas Review
Labadee
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Great if you want to zip line or do the dragon coaster. I found the attitude of the working people to be a little resentful towards us upon first glance so I tried to be friendly to them and not act as another over weight America with an exaggerated sense of entitlement towards them. I went on the adult Sandbar excursions and it was good to swim in the ocean. I will say it was a little sad to see some of the trash people throw about in the water!

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I left the port fence walking as I thought I could see a bit of the history. DO NOT GO BY YOURSELF, it did not feel safe and I grew up in Detroit.

I was a female solo traveller. Either go on a excursion, or stay inside the port fence and do a little shopping and meet fellow cruisers. Have some coconut water, have a blue mountain coffee and ask for some coco bread, there is plenty to do. there may even be another ship on port and you might meet someone to chat with. I had a great time there, but you must be SAFTEY aware! especially if you are traveling alone.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
St. George's
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I walked up and down and about town, felt very safe. I shopped for fragrance and had a local lunch. if you are a U.S. citizen, be aware of the exchange rates in the local shops! There are lots of taxes you can take to the beaches for a few bucks less than the ship. I met a couple who said try the cemetery beach, as it is populated by more locals and a short cheap taxied ride from the pier. I would feel comfortable doing more on my own here.

More St. George's Reviews St. George's Port Profile St. George's Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We were taken to. Playa Mia... I would advise you to coordinate that beach break on your own. And then there is the tipping again...the driver, the guide, the person who took you to the beach...it can get a bit ridiculous! BUT Playa Mia Has parasailing and food, drinks and I"m pretty sure you can catch a cab there and spend the day on your own. The water in Cozumel is the most beautiful shade of blur...I have to get back there!

Mayan Ruins Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
The Ruins was coordinated well from meeting the guide to checking in and driving to the site. Be forewarned though, the ruins are replicas and I think the site was constructed as a tourist attraction . Still, I like to learn a bit about the history and culture was nice to get out and walk, they provided lots of breaks and cold water.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum