Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Beth Myers's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao

Beth Myers's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: Beth Myers's Adventure of the Seas Review
St. Thomas
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We went to Beacon Point, Mountain Top, and St. Peter the Great's House to see the views from the mountains. The views were gorgeous. My only complaint is the stops are very short (about 15-25 minutes), so it doesn't give you a lot of time to shop for souveniers.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Kitts
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We went to Cockleshell Beach, which was very pretty. Some people who work on the beach bring the green monkeys around so that you can get your picture taken with them. The monkeys are very cute! There are seashells, but don't bother collecting them because the ship won't let you bring them onboard--something that really bothered me since I told the lady who booked my reservation that this was a key reason I wanted to do this intinerary. Finally, I would not recommend eating on this island. We stopped at another beach for lunch, and we saw a lot of flies on the food. So, we went back to the ship to eat.
More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Aruba
Island Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We did the See and Sea tour, and Maira was our guide. She was wonderful--very interesting and very fun to be around. This tour goes in a semi-submersible so that you can see the fish. That was cool! Then, you go to the lighthouse, which has a beautiful restaurant that overlooks the ocean as well as goats and pretty lizards. Yep! I can't believe I just called a lizard pretty, but they have turquoise coloring, and they are kind of cute. Then, we saw a natural bridge, which was lovely. Then, we climbed the steps to be on top of some rocks that overlook part of the island, which provided a lovely view. There are a lot of cactus, so it was interesting. FYI, we did not see this, but Maira mentioned that boa constrictors are an invasive species on the island.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
The woman who took us around the city area was very nice and informative, but we were a little bored, and we wish that we had just done the city sight-seeing on our own. In any case, the city has all those multi-colored buildings, which are so picturesque. We really enjoyed seeing the city. Later, we went to Cocomo Beach, which has a beautiful water color, but there are a lot of rocks on the ocean floor. Also, a store manager told us to be careful not to step on a certain type of fish that looks like a rock and can sting you. So, I was a little uncomfortable about that. Needless to say, I didn't do much walking in the water. I swam out to the floating deck and enjoyed the views.

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum