Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > njaloha's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, CocoCay

njaloha's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, CocoCay
Celebrity Silhouette cruise in January 2013
Member Name: njaloha
Cruise Date: January 2013
Member Review: njaloha's Celebrity Silhouette Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We didn't leave the terminal shops area. The same shops with the same stuff over and over. We did buy tequila. and a few blankets. But the creepiest part was the hawkers at the bottom of the stairs to what I thought was a mall but it turned out to be individual small stores. I went up with a guy which I thought was weird and he led me to a "store" where he offered me a free charm. No way was I touching anything thinking it could have been laced with some drug. I hightailed it out of there and found my husband lickety split. Never going back.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Island Tour Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Grand Cayman Island tour and Tiki Beach - well, whatever, don't know what to say. The tour took us to some tower thing which was in the middle of some underdevelopment residential and commercial area. The guide took us the long way to the "tower" passing shops (for obvious reasons) and at one point I asked how much longer the walk would be because my husband was having a hard time. The guide said, You paid 120 dollars, I suggest you stay with me." Talk about arrogant. We turned around and sat down to have lunch. We were on the bus waiting for the last couple and we left 20 minutes late because the last couple thought we were leaving at a different time. Tiki beach looked nice but you couldn't swim because of the reef. Never again. Not to mention we were kept waiting for 45 minutes at the pier for the tour to start. Shop the guy said. yeah right and then the tour leaves without us. no way. We ended up taking a shuttle back to the ship early because we suddenly realized we'd be getting back at 4pm. A tour that starts at 11am and is listed as 4 hours should get back at 3pm. Next time, if there's a next time, I'll take the sting ray tour. Friends did that and loved it.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I gave this a four because the new mall is wonderful, clean and festive looking. Beyond that, creepy barbed wire fencing kept out the riff raff. yikes. And Jamaica in general deserves a 1.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
CocoCay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I want to live there. - gorgeous. we rented a cabana for the day which was a good idea since it was breezy. I love this place. We justified the cost of the cabana because a) we only booked one tour the entire trip and 2) we shared it with another couple who we met on board and needed a safe place for their stuff while they snorkeled and kayaked.

Even though the weather was chilly and windy the sun was strong. The cabana sits in a private area with a view of the ship and tenders moving back and forth and gives you an expanded delicious buffet lunch with lamb, shrimp, steak, chicken salads, and desserts. again, i could have stayed all day.

I did take the opportunity to walk the length of the island and it's truly lovely. amazing. beautiful.

More CocoCay Reviews CocoCay Port Profile CocoCay Forum