Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > caseythegr's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel

caseythegr's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Norwegian Dawn cruise in February 2013
Member Name: caseythegr
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: caseythegr's Norwegian Dawn Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This was our 2nd visit to Roatan. My family wanted to zip line and I wanted to go to the beach. There was another couple from CC that wanted so snorkel so we split the cost of a charter through Rony's Tours. They dropped my family off at South Shore Zip Line and then brought me to Fosters and the other couple to snorkel. I was not impressed with Fosters as the beach was dirty and most of the loungers were old and in need of repair. We ordered Pina Coladas from the bar which were basically just mix, no rum, when I asked for more rum the bartender gave me a watered down shot in a separate glass. I did tell him that watering down drinks did not make for good business and he just smiled at me. When my family was done they brought them from the Zip Line to the beach and they we not impressed either. I know that everyone is trying to make a living, but honestly I wish I had a sign that said "No, I do not want a massage, my hair braided, a cigar. etc..not now and not later"...

There was a group of cruisers from Princess on the beach with us, that is where I learned that the admission to Fosters ($10)included a free drink coupon. Our tour guide never let me know that and kept the coupons. When I asked him about it he played dumb, but I know I saw them hand him the tickets! We left the beach early and picked up the other couple on the way back. Once back to the ship we had to pay, our original quote was 20$ each, they charged us 25$! I wish I had printed the original email with the $20 quote. I will be emailing the company about this.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Again this was our 2nd time to Belize and we opted for the Cave Tubing with VIV tours. Our guide was Devon Rocca aka "The Rock" and he was amazing. He told us about the history of Belize on the hour long drive to the Caves. The walk to the caves was an easy 45 minute hike through the rain forest and Devon pointed out everything of interest. I would highly suggest this tour, but be prepared for 2 hours of travel (one hr each way) over very rough road. Devon spoke about how proud he was to live in Belize City and how proud it's residents were of their homes, but what struck me as odd was there was trash everyone. I am proud of where I live too, that's why I periodically pick up the trash that people throw out of their cars. Just a pet peeve of mine.
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Thanks to CC we went to the Tropicante Beach Resort. It was a quick cab ride and we were on the beach. All I can say is "amazing"! We sat in our loungers and ordered drinks, had lunch, rented jet skis and paddle boards all for $200. It was well worth it.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
We only got off the ship to pick up a few things, otherwise I could completely bypass this port and be happy.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum