Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dreamgirl1908's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau

dreamgirl1908's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
Carnival Victory cruise in February 2013
Member Name: dreamgirl1908
Cruise Date: February 2013
Member Review: dreamgirl1908's Carnival Victory Review
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This was my second visit to Grand Turk. It was nice to walk right off the ship and onto the beach. The water was chilly, but refreshing because the sun was stronger that I anticipated. I actually left a little sunburned. We also took a dip in the pool at Margaritaville. There were games and music, people seemed to really be enjoying themselves. My only complaint about this port is the unreasonable prices for drinks. I think they really take advantage of people by charging $8 for one 12 oz beer.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Prior to visiting Half Moon Cay, I saw very few posts and reviews. I was a little concerned about not enjoying the port, because there was so little information about it. Boy was I wrong! My server at dinner said the water in Half Moon Cay has the most beautiful water he'd ever seen. I wholeheartedly agree! The water was like that in a swimming pool, you could see straight to the bottom. The sand was so soft and felt like powder under my feet.

There were tons of things to do! There was the Captain Morgan Sunken Ship, and the bar was packed. The cruise line has scheduled activities from tug of war to a free throw contest. There was a live calypso band and the DJ from the ship providing music.

The best part was the barbeque provided by Carnival (FREE): jerk chicken, broccoli salad, burgers, hotdogs, chili rice, fresh fruits and desserts.

I would like to go back tomorrow, but I guess I'll settle for next winter

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
This was my third visit to Nassau. It's very much a fast pace shopping port. You'd have to book an excursion to experience the beach. After visiting shops recommended by the cruise shopping expert and buying some popular tortuga rum cakes, we hungout in a restaurant called "Sharkies" where we enjoyed frozen drinks and local cuisine

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum