Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Mahtomedi's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Mahtomedi's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Freedom cruise in February 2013
Member Name: Mahtomedi
Cruise Date: February 2013
Member Review: Mahtomedi's Carnival Freedom Review
Key West
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We just love Key West. We had vacationed there before so did not take an excursion. There is lots to see from Hemmingway's House(and 6 toed cats), Truman's Little White House, The Southernmost Point of the US and Duval Street. Lots of places to eat and stores to browse.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We had an early excursion at 8:30 so got plenty of time to snorkel. It was the best snorkeling I had done. I have done snorkeling in Cancun, Grand Turks and Acapulco. Water was clear and fish were plentiful. Trip was not so crowded so you would not bump into other snorkelers. I loved it.

Stingray Swim Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Loved loved it. We were there early enough so the Stingray sandbar was not too crowded. We got to feed the stingrays and hold them and kiss them. I felt as though we had enough time here. There was someone who took pictures of us with the stingray. You could then buy the pics for $40-I thought this was a good deal since there was at least 15 personalized pics of us and some pics of the coral.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Ocho Rios
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Loved the beach. We were given beach chairs to use. They also brought around Rum Punch, lemonade and water. I felt they were too slow in serving us. They also served us food, but the same thing-very slow in serving. I would rather they had a buffet and we could eat when we wanted to. Also the food portions were small. Loved the beach, not the food so much.

Dunn's River Falls Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Great fun to climb the falls. The water was cold, but when climbing it felt good. It was pretty strenuous. The guide we had was pushy, kept trying to go in front of other groups. There is also a natural water slide you can slide, was fun. Also they have you do a backward plunge. There was someone taking a movie of our group which we bought. It was fun to see the movie when we returned. The CD was $40

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum