Member Reviews

Cruise Date: February 2013
Member Review: SnowBird Cruzer's Liberty of the Seas Review
Labadee
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I guess I was always a snob when it came to the private islands/beaches for a stop. Why should I waste my time there, was my thought? But based on feedback in the various chat rooms, and because we didn't want a tender port, we were stopping in Labadee. Wow, that was a great stop.

We had a cabana for the 6 of us and it was great. FIL couldn't get around much anyway, so he enjoyed sitting out of the sun. Temps hit the upper 80's, which, coming from Wisconsin, was GREAT. The rest of us swam, snorkeled and drank Labadoozies. Snorkeling on Nellie's Beach was not so great as the bottom is sandy and so there wasn't much visibiity. But the location is great. There is a chat room for pictures of Cabana's and I'll bet mine posted soon. Sorry, I don't know what number it was, and I don't care. So if you are wanting to map out the "best" one, I can't help you. They all looked great to me.

I did walk around a bit and I watched the Dragon Flight line in operation. It looks really cool but RCCL is nuts if they think I'll pay $89 for one ride. But some people did, so maybe I'm in the minority. But I would have done it for $69. So if RCCL is looking at this, lower that price. You raised the cabana's. This is a good offset. Trust me.

But I didn't visit half the things they have there. I did buy a cd from the musicians at the entrance. We did go to the market. The vendors are pushy but not too bad. One lady tried to sell me a shell necklace that I just didn't want. While I did buy from some of the other vendors in her hut, I didn't buy from her. I think she cursed me in Haitian. Maybe that's where all this snow is coming from now! We nicely and firmly told all that we were looking. We promised to come back to a couple if we saw nothing else we wanted. We were true to our word.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We went snorkeling on the Dreamer Catamaran cruise excursion. I had been trying to find my own excursion to MoBay for snorkeling. Imagine my surprise when I found this company and after contacting them for rates, they told me they had a ship sponsored excursion. Aside from the driver stopping at a local shop (I'm sure he got a cut of any sales), it was a fun and informative trip. And I used the WC at the shop, so I guess it was okay. Nobody made me spend money.

The others stayed around Falmouth and did some shopping. They enjoyed the lighter crowds onboard the ship. I've never stayed on board during a stop. I'll have to try that sometime when we go to Cozumel. That place is just too crowded, and has the pushiest vendors in my opinion.

I got my 21 yr old Appleton Estates Rum, which I had seen there last year. We shopped til we were out of cash (there was more onboard). But by the time we got back from excursion we had barely 45 minutes to shop. That's okay, we knew what we wanted.

The one downer on the excursion was they only had some small cheese sandwiches for lunch food. We didn't have time to get anything else. I recommend you get an apple or something from the Windjammer and take it with you.

Oh, and after the snorkeling they take you for a tour of the marine park. They brought aboard a sea cucumber and a star fish. DW enjoyed holding those. I was in charge of the camera, so I had to take photos and not hold them. That's okay, I'm fine. I got over it pretty quickly.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum