Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > vulcan1971's Port Reviews of Madeira (Funchal), Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Tenerife, St. John (U.S.V.I.), St. Maarten

Adventure of the Seas cruise in November 2012
Member Name: vulcan1971
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Member Review: vulcan1971's Adventure of the Seas Review
Madeira (Funchal)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We enjoyed this port because it was convenient to walk into town. Unfortunately, I was a bit under the weather and it had been raining in the AM so we didn't venture out till after lunch.

More Madeira (Funchal) Reviews Madeira (Funchal) Port Profile Madeira (Funchal) Forum
Lanzarote
Port Rating: Not Rated
We didn't leave the ship since this port was not close to the city and we didn't feel up to paying for shuttle service.
More Lanzarote Reviews Lanzarote Port Profile Lanzarote Forum
Las Palmas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This port was a lot of fun. With other friends on board we chose to do a private excursion and traveled to the opposite side of the island to spend a day at the beach. It was great fun, wonderful beaches and the weather was perfect. For those people staying on the ship or venturing locally to Las Palmas had overcast weather with some rain.

More Las Palmas Reviews Las Palmas Port Profile Las Palmas Forum
Tenerife
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This was our favorite destination, hands down. I could easily see myself coming back for a week trip to this island (or Gran Canaria as well). This city is clean, modern, vibrant and very walkable. We also chose to do a HOHO bus tour and that was very pleasant to sit up top in the sun and hear about the sites as we rode past.

More Tenerife Reviews Tenerife Port Profile Tenerife Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We just spent the day walking around the port city and had lunch at a local restaurant after buying some artwork for someone we knew that moved to the island from Canada.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This port was also a lot of fun. We did our own excursion with friends to Maho beach. Watching the planes take off and arrive was a fun experience. Just wish we could have been there later in the day to see the large planes coming in and taking off.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was a leisure day to stroll around in St. Thomas. We made no plans because of the disaster to clear customs. I'd like to see more of this port in future trips.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum