Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > IDoSpas's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

IDoSpas's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
Norwegian Sky cruise in February 2013
Member Name: IDoSpas
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: IDoSpas's Norwegian Sky Review
Freeport
Snorkeling Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Our first excursion for snorkeling and private beach got canceled and we didn't find out until after the fact. We where the only two signed up for it. So we went to one of the desk out side and signed up for a 90 min. snorkeling excursion for $59 each. They provided transportation both ways. The water was very ruff but that was ok as we really wanted to snorkel. Once we where in the water you couldn't tell. They took us out about a mile, we jumped in and they threw bread in and the fish all came at once, it was awesome. The other people that went on the tour only stayed in for about 20 minutes and my husband and I stayed in for only 40 minutes as we felt bad everyone waiting on us. They didn't want us wandering very far from the boat either. But that was ok as we saw a lot of fish. I will post photo's if the review let's me.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Nassau
Atlantis Aquaventure Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This is well worth the money. We got a ride to and from the cruise line. I was a bit worried with all of the other reviews stating that they would keep us and take us threw all of the casino's etc. But they did not. We did walk threw them but it gave us a great idea of the layout. I would do this for sure. This place is amazing. We did the big river 3 times. It takes about 20 minutes to go threw it and then you have a choice to do one of 2 slide rides in the middle of it. We did both. This was one of our favorite rides. We also did the tube ride going threw the sharks (surpine slide) I think. That was a lot of fun and you shouldn't miss it. We also enjoyed the pools. We made sure visit almost all of the other attractions. The Dig,,,, you will not want to miss this. We walked threw the hole thing, and then back tracked and did it again. Lunch: We just got some food at one on the food bars by the pools. A bit pricey but omg so much food. I got the loaded nachos (so big) 2 people can eat this. My husband got the fish sandwich. So amazing.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: Not Rated
Boat ride over was a bit of an adventure as one person had a sezure and hit his head and then another little girl got sea sick and threw up. Medical came VERY fast and both people where off the boat in minutes. It only took about 10 minutes to get to the island. If you want first off you should be on the top deck both ways. They do take everyones picture going threw the gate, such a pain. So we walked around everyone to get our chairs. We stayed to the right, close to bathrooms, drinks and the water. Just a short walk to lunch. If you like snorkeling this Island is wonderful. We where so surprised. We went off to the rock formation to the left and wow, so many fish. If you like snorkeling you should stay to your left on this beach around the rock. The larger rock was good to but not as good. Lunch was good. They only serve ribes on the very right of the buffett so if you want them go there. People would try to cut line but we did not let them, sorry we waited 10 or more minutes to get ribes ;) They had hambergers, hot dogs, pizza all the fixings and a lot of salads and fruits. O and lots of deserts, beans, rolls, bread. Lot's and Lot's of food. Very good.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum