Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > usermom's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

usermom's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
Norwegian Sky cruise in January 2013
Member Name: usermom
Cruise Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: usermom's Norwegian Sky Review
Freeport
Kayaking Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We outside the gates in the port at Freeport to board a van where we were transported to a guide who had a van and trailer with kayaks attached to his van. Tip: make sure you use the bathroom there since bathrooms become delicacy later on duing the day. Our guide, Chadwin,was exceptional and made sure everyone (even the "weak links" had a positive kayaking experience. This excursion was great for a first time kayaker or an experienced one. Lucayan National Park was beautiful but challenging at times navigating through. We had a lot of laughs as we played bumper boats accidentally at times. Then we were taken to the Gold Rock beach where we had a sandwich lunch and an hour to spend at the beach. this was one of the most beautiful, peaceful beaches I have ever been to. only complaint is, I wished we could have stayed there longer. Chadwin then shared his wealth of knowledge on a nature walk and to the Ben cave which was beautiful and another cave. I wasn't sure I would like that part of it, but I'm glad we went especially since the bats don't come until March. Then we had a 25 minute ride back to the NCL Sky.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Nassau
Atlantis Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We were transported from the Nassau dock by coach bus to Paradise Island's Atlantis; given a brief tour of the beautiful resort as well as a free bag and beach towels. We spent most of the day on the beautiful beach where we were provided free of charge with covered or non-covered beach lounge chairs. Locals sold drinks , foot massages and jewelery on the beach. Throughout the day we also enjoyed the casino, The Dig and the other aquariums, and shark feeding time. Although this was an expensive excursion $79 pp, we were so glad that we got to experience a day at this well known resort. Food and drinks could be purchased throughout the resort with a credit card. we chose to wait to eat until we got back on the ship, and we were not alone. Buses ran at 30 minute intervals up until 4p to return to the cruise ship. Tip: we bought water from a vendor for $1 when we were boarding the bus to go to Atlantis and it is $5 in Atlantis

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: Not Rated
Going jetskiing has been on my bucket list for awhile, but I was afraid. This excursion enticed me because it was described as a tour. This definitely surpassed my expectations; it was amazing and I think all 9 people who were on this excursion would agree with me. Some had been jetskiing before while some of us never had; some rode a single while others rode a double.

Our belongings were locked up for us, then we watched a short video about how to jetski and safety. There were three guides that split themselves amongst the very experienced riders, us and a couple that did not want to venture into the open seas. We were encouraged and accompanied out into the ocean reaching speeds up to 32 miles. On our way back we stopped at a beautiful spot in the ocean with the guide to pick up sand dollars and sea horses. We would highly recommend this excursion.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum