Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > bonniboo1's Port Reviews of St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados

Adventure of the Seas cruise in January 2013
Member Name: bonniboo1
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: bonniboo1's Adventure of the Seas Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: Not Rated
Had emailed Sand Castle before the cruise and made reservations. For $25 we got 2 chairs, an umbrella and when we had lunch (fish tacos) we were each give a choice of any beverage, even Mango Coladas. The lunch was reasonably prices, sort of upscale in a nice environment. The staff was lovely. The beach was pretty and a little rocky in places. I was able to collect sea glass there. Short taxi ride from ship. Very nice small resort.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: Not Rated
Our CC group took a private tour with Bernards tours. Everything had been arranged for months. Our group leader Lisa requested "Sugar" to be our driver/guide. Very wise decision. He was warm, funny and knowledgeable and very accomadating. We went to: an Iguana Farm, Orient Beach, Airplane Beach, and Marigot on the French side for a little shopping. We stopped at a huge souvenir shop before heading back. Very much worth the money. Before the tour we met up with Bernard at the Cruise information center. There we some stalls set up for food and gifts.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: Not Rated
Didn't do much here, mostly walked around and checked out the shops. It started to rain so we ducked into the market which was basically a bunch of stalls selling similar items. I am sure that if I had taken a tour I would have seen the beauty of the Island.

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: Not Rated
My friends took tours but I opted to just walk around. I ignored the duty free at the port and took a taxito the Castries Craft and Spice Market. My mistake, crowded and crazy. I started walking around but I didn't feel entirely safe so I took the ferry back and had a good time at the Duty free shopping at the port. The employees were very nice and helpful.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
Barbados
Port Rating: Not Rated
A bunch of us took taxis to the Boatyard. We didn't get there as early as I wanted because my friend wanted to go shopping first. Get there early. For $24 for 2 we got chairs, umbrella and a rum punch and use of everything including a Tarzan Swing over the water. There is a fun bar/eatery there. The prices are in Caribbean dollars so don't panic. This place is very well run by an owner/manager. The admission price included a taxi ride back to the ship.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum