Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CRUZN CHICK's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman

CRUZN CHICK's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman
Carnival Legend cruise in February 2013
Member Name: CRUZN CHICK
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: CRUZN CHICK's Carnival Legend Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We were part of a group cruise that included three hours of free alcohol at Senior Frogs so we did not really do anything else. When we first got off the ship,however, we stopped at the first store (can't think of the name of it) at the top of the escalator and purchased some beautiful tanzanite and inlaid opal earrings and feel we received a fair price. I hadn't planned on purchasing anything, but they kept going down in price to a point I couldn't resist! ha ha I really wasn't trying to negotiate, but I love the earrings and am glad my BF bought them for me. Even though we did not take any excursions, from past experience, the snorkeling in Cozumel out in the ocean is great and wish I had had time to do that.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I was not overly impressed with Belize. We did the cave tubing with VIV Tours who did not make us carry our tubes through the rain forest except for the last 10 minutes and had a great time. I would highly recommend this experience. No problem getting back in time. Our driver told us there were no beaches on Belize and locals usually go to the islands close by for that type of activity.
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I probably would have rated this port much higher had we not gone to Mahogany Bay. Whatever you do, don't go here unless you just want to get a drink at one of the two bars (which are very nice) or just walk around. We purchased the beach package on the ship which included chair lift ride, two cabana chairs and floats. The chairs would have been great if they had been on the first row. We, however, were on the 4th row and with all of the cabanas up, could not see the water or anything else for that matter except for the chair in front of us. We were all packed in like sardines and I really didn't care for that. We got in the water and floated for a while and then got a snack and a couple of drinks. I had planned to go to Tabyana Beach but thought this would be ok. If I had had someone to snorkel with, I would have done that. I'm sure the reefs surrounding this area were wonderful. Another suggestion, if you want to go here, don't bother with the cabana chairs, there are plenty of chairs in the shade under the trees - just get there as early as you can to claim one of them and you can walk not ride to the beach. It's an easy walk although the chair lift is fun too.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Booked Barrier Reef Snorkeling Tour on Carnival which I felt was very misleading. I was with a couple who also dive and we all felt this reef was not as it was advertised. We expected a lot more. We did see some pretty fish and a little coral, but I had expected something similar to what I had seen in Cozumel - more different kinds of fish. The water was beautiful though and crystal clear. I would not recommend this tour unless you have never snorkeled - probably a good beginner snorkeling tour.

We did some shopping (which is abundant) and went to Island Glass Blowing Company. They have some beautiful pieces that are priced very reasonably. Looked in several stores, but mostly there were jewelry stores which we weren't interested in. Not sure I'd want to go back here again, but glad I went once.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum