Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: Oahu_BP's Norwegian Sky Review
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Big lagoon with lots of people moving their beach chairs into the shallow waters - plenty of space for swimming, partying (especially in front of the tequila bar), and snorkeling.

Cruise staff had a big group activity going on - lots of participants. I rode over on the tender, just because the ride over from the ship was across some beautiful blue water under a sunny sky. Returned to the ship after 30 minutes and enjoyed having an almost empty ship to myself!

This is a fun place if you're with some other people, and want to hang out on a beautiful beach.

For me, more fun back on the ship!

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The small arrival hall ("welcome center") is an assault on one's senses. Chaotic, noisy, crowded, disorganized. Bought tickets for the water taxi over to Paradise Island, then waited 30 minutes for the group to form, and to walk through the crowd to the nearby boarding point. $4.00 fare, but the "narrator" and so-called tour guide asked for a gratuity before we arrived at Paradise Island ( 15 minutes from the cruise ship port to Paradise Island.

Atlantis Resort is beautiful, and we're glad we went over. On the other hand, we could have taken a short tour of Nassau and the island of New Providence. I've been there before, and already knew the British colonial feel for the place.

The other choice was to walk through Nassau for awhile, returning to the ship early. Had I not gone to Paradise Island on the water taxi, this would have been my first choice!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum