Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > mtgman1's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth

mtgman1's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth
Navigator of the Seas cruise in February 2013
Member Name: mtgman1
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: mtgman1's Navigator of the Seas Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Took a scooter right from the parking lot and rode about 15 miles looking for a reef on a beach to go snorkeling. No reefs you can get too from the beach. Stopped at at least 4 resorts and altho they looked nice no one has a reef to snorkel. We just rode back into town and the wife went shopping and I took the scooter out the other side to the golf country club and back. Saw the military in full gear with ak 47s stopped a car and was searching it. Also saw the local police everywhere. Local cop stopped me and told me to be sure and take my bag with me even tho I was close by. I never felt unsafe tho. If you need a pharmacy this is the place just one block over from the main drag.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
If you need a reef for snorkeling their is one 4 minutes to the right as you get off the tender and one or 2 to the left 10 minutes walk from the pier. I took my gear but you can rent a snorkel and fins for $14.00.

Have been on the tours and didn't need to see the sting rays, turtle farm, distillery or seven mile beach again. I would see tho places tho If thi is your first time.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Beautiful pier. All new. Freedom of the Seas was in port along with us and it is impressive to see the 2 ships in this port together. We went outside the secure area for about 1 block and turned back. Not a safe place in my opinion. Shopping is good at the pier but the prices on the ship were actually better.

If you take a tour and stay with the group you should be ok if you do Dunn River falls.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum