Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > sonoma03's Port Reviews of Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

sonoma03's Port Reviews of Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Navigator of the Seas cruise in January 2013
Member Name: sonoma03
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: sonoma03's Navigator of the Seas Review
Falmouth
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I had read lots of negative comments about Falmouth in reviews before I left so I wasn't sure I even wanted to go into the town. I was glad I did. The vendors were not as pushy as people said; they pretty much left you alone if you just told them "no thank you," and it helped to actually acknowledge them instead of ignoring them. My boyfriend and I decided to walk through town to an old church that we saw from the ship, which turned out to be an Anglican church built in the 1700s. The town is clearly pretty poor and I was a little worried but no one bothered us. At the church an old man there walked up to us and started telling us about the history of it. He was very informative and we gave him a little tip before we left. My boyfriend needed to check his work email so we found a place with Wi-Fi close to the port area and he spent about an hour there. We also spent some time in the port area and walked around some of the craft stalls and stores before heading back to the ship. If you don't end up booking an excursion in Jamaica, I would suggest at least walking around a bit in the town.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I've been to Grand Cayman before and done the Stingray City tour. This time I just wanted to go snorkeling. Following the advice of others on Cruise Critic, we just walked from the tender dock to Eden Rock, rented flotation vests (Cayman $6 each), and swam out to the reefs in the area and snorkeled there with our own gear. The reefs are 100-150 yards from shore in maybe 35-45 feet of water; a bit scary for me since I'm not a good swimmer, but I was fine with the flotation vest. It was an overcast day so the light wasn't as good as it could be, but I still enjoyed the snorkeling a lot. A very inexpensive excursion!
More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 0.0 out of 5+
I had intended to go snorkeling at the Money Bar beach club here but ended up spending too much time at an Internet cafe waiting for my boyfriend. By the time he was done, the weather was getting stormy with strong winds and high waves, and even though we took a taxi to the beach, when we saw how rough it was, we decided it wouldn't be good to go. However, some friends went earlier in the day when the weather was nicer and they said the snorkeling was good there, so I rank the port a "4" for that.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum