Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ReverendVW's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, Grand Cayman

ReverendVW's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, Grand Cayman
Carnival Glory cruise in February 2013
Member Name: ReverendVW
Cruise Date: February 2013
Member Review: ReverendVW's Carnival Glory Review
Cozumel
Culinary Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I did the Mexican cuisine in Cozumel, I was hesitant at first, but afterwards, would highly recommend it. Playa mia was a great beach, and the class was fun. The wife only had 3 margarita's and could barely keep her eyes straight, so be careful!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Costa Maya
Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Costa Maya, chacchoben ruins. The tour was ok. bus ride was only an hour each way, and the guide ends up selling you local made trinkets on the bus....for cheap...buy them...they are cool. the beach they bring you to, was great, the staff were awesome. I tipped one guy $20 for all 6 of us, and he kept bringing us "orange juices" by the ride home, everybody was in great spirits,and it became karaoke on the bus.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
I love this place, and will fly down for a week at some point. did the canopy tour/tabyana beach. Folks, on the whole trip, if you want to snorkel, you either go to tabyana, or barrier reef snorkel in cayman. tabyana is great for snorkel, and the 17+ ziplines ending in gumbalimba, were great. there is a small local vendor there to buy jewelry, that we had to hit up after getting turquoise turtle earrings last trip for $8.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Grand Cayman
Scuba - Beginner Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Great instruction by Reid. The dive was fun, but our time was cut short by 2 members of the class, not speaking english. the time and energy spent in dealing with those two, cut our dive short. I had approx 2k psi before blowing my BCD at surface to get out, and that included the 20+ minutes of air wasted in the pool while they tried to understand what he was telling them.

It's tough to be negative, because Reid is a nice guy, and good enough instructor to get though a serious language barrier to teach two people to scuba.

My opinion, he should have cut them from the class.

Sea Trek Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My wife tred snuba last trip, and never made i past 4feet. this was perfect for her. She came back beaming with delight at all the antics of the diver's. I would recommend this for any non-scuba type people.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum