Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Cjnerin424's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport

Cjnerin424's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: Cjnerin424's Carnival Pride Review
Port Canaveral
Cocoa Beach Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My husband and his buddy decided to book an excursion for surf lessons at Ron Jon's surf school. They had a great time, and since the excursion was booked through Carnival, they provided transportation.

My girlfriend & I decided we were going to catch a cab over to Cocoa beach to meet up with our boys. Getting off the ship, there were people more than willing to help us to get where we needed. Cabs were lined up outside to take anyone where they needed to go. It was $6 per person for cab fare, which wasn't bad at all. We were dropped off right on Cocoa beach where we were able to walk along side the water on a beautiful sunny day. The water was a little chilly, so we opted to lay on the beach and catch some rays. We even had time to grab a bite to eat at Captain J's, a nice restaurant right on the beach. That was also my first time having gator tails!!

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum
Nassau
Dolphin Encounter Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This was by far my favorite part of the whole trip. We booked a deep water dolphin swim and it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. We docked in Nassau and drove over to Atlantis, which was too beautiful for words. We walked about 15 mins over to dolphin cove, but the sights were just amazing! When we reached dolphin cove, we had a group orientation and were split into small groups of 5 people so we had more one on one time with the dolphin. After a short, yet fun, orientation, we were right out in the water. We each got to pet, kiss and take pictures with these gentle giants. We were also provided complimentary snorkeling gear. Once everyone had their gear and got their pictures done, we swam to the deep part of the cove where the trainers handed us underwater scooters that did all the swimming for us. I dove underwater just to look to my left and see the dolphin swimming just inches from me. Another dolphin even came over to join us. We spent about 20 mins or so doing this. It was great. Lastly, we had the famous foot push, where the dolphin came up behind us and pushed us from one end of the lagoon to the other. The trainers educated us a little more about the dolphins and they even showed us a few tricks. It was such a fun time!! I would recommend this to anyone at least once. I would do this again with no hesitation!!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Freeport
Kayaking Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We selected a kayak and snorkel trip in Freeport. It was another amazing experience! Our tour guide was awesome, very friendly and funny!! He took us to a beach, were he set everything up for us (got our kayaks prepared). We were in love with the clear blue water. We kayaked about a mile to this private island where we snorkeled on a reef. What a cool experience! There must of been thousands of fish that we saw, and they paid us no mind. They just swam around and along the way, our tour guide was pointing out some pretty neat stuff. I recommend getting an underwater camera or two! We did, the pictures turned out nice. We even saw a barracuda is the distance, it was pretty freaky, but cool! We snorkeled for about an hour or so, there was even a boat that followed close by just in case anyone was short of breath, cold or just didn't want to be in the water anymore. They also provided a nice lunch for us, simple, lunch meat sandwiches, lemonade & tea. Enough to fill us up until we got back to the ship. I would certainly recommend this excursion to anyone!

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum