Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > phoenixPHXjrb's Port Reviews of Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee

phoenixPHXjrb's Port Reviews of Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee
Independence of the Seas cruise in January 2013
Member Name: phoenixPHXjrb
Cruise Date: January 2013
Member Review: phoenixPHXjrb's Independence of the Seas Review
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Grand Cayman is a beautiful island for beaches and snorkeling, and is one of the nicer islands that I've been to. We went to Cemetery Beach which is the next beach up from Seven Mile Beach. It is pretty secluded from all the others. The snorkeling gets better the further you swim out, which can be dangerous if you don't have a life jacket. I recommend booking an excursion for snorkeling or Stingray City because I have heard that those are the most popular. The shopping was pretty good, but not a whole lot to chose from.

We took the local bus from the port to Cemetery Beach. It's about a 15-20 ride. The buses run up and down the main road. Look for the buses with the yellow circle. It's $2.50 per person and it worked out pretty good.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Jamaica is known for its nice beaches and scenery. First off the people in Falmouth (the locals) really bug you for taxis and to buy their items. I just ignore them and walk away, but it is really annoying to have those people bug the heck out of you on vacation. Jamaica is very poor and run down, and all they rely on is tourism for the most part, so I feel for them. To have all the nagging is really irritating and I would stay away from the downtown area for shopping. Do all of your shopping in the area where the pier is. When you exit, the nagging will begin.

I highly suggest that you get a booked excursion for Falmouth. It is safer, it is more convenient, and it is less hassle with the locals. We did not do any beaches or anything. We walked around the downtown area and shopped for a few hours and then decided to head back to the ship and laid out by the pool. It was an interesting little town, but we learned that we needed an excursion or tour for this place.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Labadee
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Labadee, Haiti can be very misleading to some. Many think that it will be a run down, struggling port. Well when you find out that it is Royal Caribbean's private island, you will think again. This island was beautiful with great beaches. You use your seapass card to make all purchases on the island including tours and drinks. There are some locals who sell lots of cool decorations and stuff. The Dragons Breath Flight Line is way too overpriced I thought. $85 for 90 seconds on a zip line. It is the largest zip line, but they would get a lot more people if they lowered the price a bit. There are a few beaches on the island that you can go to, and an outdoor BBQ lunch is served. I really enjoyed this port. There was lots to do and it was a fun place to be.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum