Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > FitchburgWIFamily's Port Reviews of Dubrovnik, Athens (Piraeus), Izmir, Split

FitchburgWIFamily's Port Reviews of Dubrovnik, Athens (Piraeus), Izmir, Split
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: FitchburgWIFamily's Norwegian Jade Review
Dubrovnik
City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Croatian Riviera and Dubrovnik. All of the stops were well thought out, and our guide was excellent. The Riviera town was really left for us to explore at our own pace, which allowed us a chance to get some great photos and buy a few very reasonably priced souvenirs. The stop for a light lunch was at a rural mill, served by people in regional costumes. The tables were outdoors and the setting was lovely. The historic city tour was a walking tour. The pavement, worn down by 100s of years of foot traffic, is very slippery and I saw more than one person slip and fall down. Shopping opportunities were plentiful during the free time after the tour, and the prices were very affordable.

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Archeological Museum Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Museum and views of the Acropolis. A pretty low key tour that was just enough for us. The museum is excellent, and you get a view of a lot of wonderful landmarks either from the museum itself or from the bus as you motor from the port to the museum. Our guide was very good, and the tour ran just on time. If not travelling with my mother, I would have probably done a tour that took me up to the acropolis instead of just giving me a view of it, but I had my mom so this was the best fit for us.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Izmir
Archaeological Site of Ephesus Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We arranged for a private tour here, and were motored in a private van to Ephesus for our tour. This was well worth the money as the ruins are extremely crowded and it would have been impossible for my mother to keep up with a large group. We had the most patient and wonderful guide through the ruins, and then escaped the crowds for a wonderful lunch in Sirince. We had time to do a little bit of shopping in Sirince in the very nice very low key market and there before we got back in the van. We had time for a quick stop at the ruins of the Basilica of St. John and then headed back to port. This was a great great way to see the city. The cruise line did a great job of explaining the things we would pay out of pocket for (parking at Ephesus, our admission to Ephesus and st john) Driver stopped at an ATM so I could withdraw enough Turkish money. I only felt bad because we really didn't have the budget to give our tour driver and tour guide the tip they probably deserved.

More Izmir Reviews Izmir Port Profile Izmir Forum
Split
City Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Scenic Dalmatia and Village life Best excursion I did: the views from the coach alone were worth the trip. Trogir was wonderful, and our guide was very knowledgeable, and the hill top village we stopped at for our light lunch was wonderful. Every picture I took was prettier than the last. I fell in love with Croatia on this tour and have told everyone since I have been back how lovely it was.

More Split Reviews Split Port Profile Split Forum