Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > slandreas's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola

slandreas's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola
Carnival Breeze cruise in January 2013
Member Name: slandreas
Cruise Date: January 2013
Member Review: slandreas's Carnival Breeze Review
St. Thomas
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We went to a very nice beach that had clean changing rooms and a snack bar and bar. The water was so clear you could stand in it up to your knees and see fish swimming by.

City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
They took us into town to shop which was fun. Our driver George was very nice and told us a lot about the island as we were driving from the beach to the shopping area. I went to a store to buy Pandora Charms and they served champagne which was an added bonus.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This day was the highlight of our cruise. We took the 6 1/2 hour catamaran sail completely around the island. They stopped once for snorkeling and actually provided some of us more timid snorkelers with instructions and kept us newbies together as a group which I appreciated. You snorkeled off of the beach and had to swim out to the reef but it was not too far. After snorkeling they provided lunch which was freshly grilled chicken and fish, pasta salad, green salad and rice. It was all very tasty.

Then it was back on the boat and the rum punch started flowing freely. Lots of dancing and partying and I think the Rum Punch attributed to that. It was a beautiful day, lots of sun and the kids that ran this boat were very competent and safety conscious. They taught us a great line dance as we were heading back to port and this is a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. I would highly recommend it to anyone of any age (I am 57).

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: Not Rated
We went on a beach tour that was on the other side of the island. Rode in nice air conditioned busses that held about 20 people. Roads are not very good there and lots of hairpin turns and steep inclines. It was a little scary but they stopped several times for us to take some great pictures from the top of the mountain.

When we got to the beach it was actually at a resort so there were recliners on the beach which was nice. Gorgeous views and a nice lunch was provided with BBQ chicken, rice, salad and cookies. Funniest thing is there were live chickens running around where we ate the entire time.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum