Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > 1loves2travel's Port Reviews of St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas

Celebrity Summit cruise in January 2013
Member Name: 1loves2travel
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: 1loves2travel's Celebrity Summit Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Group of 10 went to port to look around. Upon arrival, we noted small shopping tents with handmade jewelry, clothes & various trinkets and/or home decor. We stopped into a small cafe which offered wireless internet. Walked around the main area only as there was not much more to see without booking an excursion. It was explained to us there used to be more, but a hurricane had wiped out much of the shore front years ago, and most people did not rebuild.

The group of us wandered down the beach & found an outdoor lounging area near a bar & simply relaxed while enjoying cocktails & lots of laughter. It was a good time.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Kitts
Scuba - certified Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
St. Kitts is one of my favorites. A few of us wandered the main shopping area while others went scuba diving (they said it was very nice). This is the island where every taxi driver wants to take you to the beach. Volcanic island with black sand & pink sand beaches.

This is also the place where the locals will place a monkey on your shoulder, take your camera to take a pic then hold your camera hostage for payment.

All in all, we had a good time here as well. This is where I did the majority of my shopping for family members.

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Dominica
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Least liked island on the list. The taxi people would not leave us alone! One guy decided he would make a mark on us & stayed right by our side even while we sat down to have a drink. He was wanting to charge us $150 for four of us to make three stops on the island. (For that price my car will take us from Chicago to Denver with money to spare for a hotel!)

Others in our group did an excursion thru the cruise line to go zip-lining. They said it was great. The zip line part of it was a lot of fun, but took a bit of work hiking to each area to run the line.

We did hire a taxi ($15 per person) to take us up to the falls, saw the snake man, sampled local exotic fruits, saw the hot springs, experienced sun showers while in the rain forest, and learned about the local history of the island. It was nice but.....

If I should ever find myself visiting this island again, I will just hang out on the ship relaxing.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Grenada
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
So I did not much care for this island as I believe our group did not go the best way from port, we made a left from the common area & later found out from others if we went right there was some good food & some pretty cool things to see.

Again, another group of ours went diving and said it was real nice.

If I should visit again, I will try going the opposite direction to see all the other things the island has to offer, or just lounge poolside on the ship.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
St. Thomas
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Beautiful island! Locals on the island are very nice & accommodating as well as want you to have a good time there and offer many different things for you to see/do.

We went to Sapphire Beach. It was beautiful. We were even going to pay extra to not go back with the rest of the people from the excursion by taking our own taxi back to the ship..... but a rainstorm came thru & we did go back with the others.

Warning: do not purchase any lunch items without asking price. We were told the mahi sandwiches were great & could have them delivered by the wait staff right to our beach lounger. We ordered 4 sandwiches & 4 drinks = $124 without tip! My fault for not asking. Think it may have been the price that reflected the sandwich not being so great.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum