Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Minkster1973's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

Minkster1973's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk
Carnival Glory cruise in January 2013
Member Name: Minkster1973
Cruise Date: January 2013
Member Review: Minkster1973's Carnival Glory Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
My group had a nice afternoon at Nassau. We walked from shop to shop purchasing trinkets and such and then had a nice lunch at Athena Cafe, where I had the best Greek salad and hummus I have ever tasted.

We sat out on the balcony and people watched. It was very relaxing and we all enjoyed it immensely.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
In St. Thomas I chose to walk around again. I did some trinket shopping and found a nice little bar just off the ship to drink margaritas and make some phone calls to back home. The bar staff was very nice and the margaritas were quite tasty.
More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
San Juan ended up being my favorite port. My party actually considered not even getting off the ship as they had no interest in seeing the city. I told them I would go alone and two of my friends decided to come with me. We walked through the town and I fell in love with the close quarters, narrow, cobblestone streets, and the hustle and bustle of the town. We walked down to a great fountain at the end of the island, took tons of wonderful pictures of the old fort walls, and stopped at a quaint, little place called Cafe de Le Princessa for shrimp and pina coladas.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
Grand Turk
Margaritaville Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Margaritaville was a blast and we were all relieved to have the poolside cabana to relax in. It was great to have a common meeting place for our group and a place to put our personal items behind a locked door. It was air conditioned, but none of us cared about that. We all enjoyed the heat.

The rest of my party took off down the beach for some jerk chicken that they didn't have time to eat, and I took off the other way for some more shopping and drinks.

To really experience Margaritaville, brings lots of money. The drinks aren't cheap. But the atmosphere is a huge party and it is entertaining to grab a table and watch. I planned to order an appetizer from Margaritaville, but the service was slow. I waved my menu for almost 45 minutes and no one came to help me. I finally gave up and decided I would get something once I returned to the ship.

That is the only negative part of my trip. Slow, almost non-existent service at Margaritaville. Seriously, if you're not a part of the wild party, you're almost invisible. For future reference, I hope they realize they're missing out on good, hard-earned money from those of us who aren't stumbling around making fools of ourselves.

FlowRider Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My friends would say this was their favorite port. They rode the FlowRider. Even as a spectator, it was tons of fun and I got tons of great pictures of the guys flat on their backs. So funny!

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum