Member Reviews

Destination: South Pacific
Member Review: ginjale50's Carnival Spirit Review
Noumea
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Noumea is a hot, dirty place, and as I'd been before and was disappointed with it, but wanted to do something different, I chose the Zodiak ride to Duck Island, which was good fun. Not much there, but beautiful water to swim/snorkel in.

Mystery Island was beautiful, just a place to swim and relax etc.

Port Denarau Fiji was lovely. The friendliest people I have ever seen, and so happy, its contagious. It was why I wanted to return after not being there since I was about 14 years old, and the people are genuinely friendly.

We did a lovely catamaran cruise to South Sea Island, for a blissful day of relaxation, swimming and generally distressing. A glass bottom boat trip was included, as was a lovely lunch and some beautiful singing by the lovely locals. After the cyclone all the coral was destroyed, but it was still worth the visit.

Suva was the place for the flying fox. Once again lovely locals, and very professional, easing the worries of this scared 50 year old, who was doing it for her daughters sake! Enjoyed it immensely.

Lifou is a lovely place with the most beautiful crystal clear, aqua coloured water. We did a local tour to the forest and secret grotto. It was an interesting tour, and my daughter loved the stalactites etc. Worth doing.

More Noumea Reviews Noumea Port Profile Noumea Forum