Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lem4's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Labadee

lem4's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Labadee
Explorer of the Seas cruise in January 2013
Member Name: lem4
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: other
Member Review: lem4's Explorer of the Seas Review
San Juan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
My 4th time there. A little boring for me. We went to the Latin Traditions show at a beautiful Hotel where they put us in an empty room with dining chairs to sit on. The guitarist was very good. The dancers were okay. Certainly not worth the $65.00 it costs.

I recommend taking the tour of old and new San Juan. Very enjoyable. Shopping is good too.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Thomas
Glass-Bottom Boat Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Went on the kon tiki tour. A great fun boat which took us to the beach.

There was Caribbean music, dancing, a conga line & a limbo contest aboard it. I've done the sky ride & Megans Beach last year both ere very enjoyable. Shopping is good there too. Always a lot to choose from in St. Thomas.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Dominica
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
I did book a tour then didn't feel well so I didn't go. I did later go shopping. It was very dis-heartening to see these people begging for money. They had nice jewelry but they were all bugging you to buy things. I left just to avoid them. I did buy some jewelry though. If they would leave you alone, maybe we'd buy more instead of being harassed by them. I've heard many people say Samana is a waste of time. I agree.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Labadee
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Labadee was a very nice relaxing day just hanging at the beach at Nellies Cove.

Even though we did nothing much we really enjoyed Labadee. The Labadoozies were yummy! Once again we were harassed by people trying to sell us things though. You have to feel bad for these people trying to make a living.

Inside the main building, no one bothered you so it was easier to shop there.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum