Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > pandminri's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

pandminri's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk
Ruby Princess cruise in January 2013
Member Name: pandminri
Cruise Date: January 2013
Member Review: pandminri's Ruby Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Pretty beaches with not much else to do, but isn't that what you go to the Caribbean for anyway? Princess provided plenty of lounge chairs. As long as you don't wait until noon to disembark, space should not be a problem. I would not spend money on "reserved" seating. The lunch buffet (included) was fair, with some long lines. I would recommend disembarking early, soaking up some rays, and eating a late lunch back onboard.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I have visited this island many times. I recommend against Orient Beach (every tourist in the world goes there). Philipsburg, where the ship berths, has more than enough shops, restaurants, and bars to keep most folks entertained. If you want to catch some sun, there is a nice little beach there as well. Hawking of everything to beach chairs to street vendor items seemed high compared to my last visit. Check out the Blue Bitch Bar (a clever play on words...ask the Boston educated owner). It serves a decent beach menu and reasonably priced, tasty drinks on the boardwalk.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Caveat here- St. Thomas may be a beautiful island, but we did not get to see much of it. There are two cruise ship berthing areas, one downtown and within close walking distance to most sights. The other is several miles out of town. Princess should be ashamed that it allows its ships to be in the latter. The location is terrible and forces either a significant walk or reliance upon taxis. This may not be bad for some, but is much against our typical wandering desires.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Grand Turk
Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
My first time to Grand Turk. It's a beautiful island. Our snorkeling trip was very nice, but uncomfortably tight on time (returned at 620 pm, ship sailed at 630). I don't like running for the ship on vacation, especially when I booked with the cruise line.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum