Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > NewbieCruzie's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel

NewbieCruzie's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel
Mariner of the Seas cruise in January 2013
Member Name: NewbieCruzie
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: NewbieCruzie's Mariner of the Seas Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Roatan Island - Loved it! Easy access to the shops right off the ship- literally within steps. Good for anyone not wanting to go very far. I would recommend taking an excursion that stops there- We used Victor Bodden for a tour of the island- it cost $25.00 and for extra 10 dollars they drive you to Fosters Bay Resort. It was amazing! the 10 bucks gets you resort access to their beach, facilities and restaurant. Best chicken tacos I have ever eaten! I would recommend this to any new people. Our driver was Dolae. We enjoyed his information about the island.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Went cave tubing in Belize which was a really great experience! I went with Island Marketing Ltd. Our guide was funny, informative and we had a good time. If you go tubing make sure you ask for Super Mario to be your guide if you use this company. The bus that they used to transport us to the caves was a little sketchy- so if you can deal with that then I would recommend this tour.

I had only one issue with Royal when it came to this port. If you do NOT book an excursion through the ship then they make you stand in a huge line to get a "tender ticket" to get off the ship. When I went to guest services and advised them that I have an excursion booked, just not with their company I was told that is how it works. I absolutely disagree with this procedure. I told guest services that they were giving preferential treatment to the Royal customers and that was not fair. I was forced to wait in line with everyone else and get a tender ticket. Only by sheer luck was I able to get into group 1 leaving the ship. Since I was going on the excursion by myself that day the person handing out the tickets had 1 single ticket left for that group. The person handing out tickets said to me: "oh, you are lucky."

Good info to know I think if you are new to the cruising scene like me. Hope this helps others when making a decision on which excursions and which company to use.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Island Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I signed up for the Ultimate Island Buggy Tour with Island Marketing Ltd which was supposed to be a tour of the island in "funky colorful buggies" we were supposed to go snorkeling which did not happen ( not exactly sure why) maybe because it was a little windy that day. Also the " bug " that I ended up with was actually a Chev Aveo with the back cut off of it. Only VW bug on the tour was the one driven by the tour guide and one other family. We did go to El Cedral as it stated but it was more like a shopping plaza than a settlement as described. We did stop for lunch and our guide Mario was very nice. He did prepare a nice lunch for us of fresh guacamole and salsa and barbecue chicken and tortillas with rice. When we walked across the street to the beach a big NO SWIMMING sign was posted. I was disappointed overall in this excursion and thought the price was NOT worth what I actually ended up getting. I would NOT recommend this tour.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum