Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > vgc8260's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas

vgc8260's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas
Celebrity Reflection cruise in December 2012
Member Name: vgc8260
Cruise Date: December 2012
Member Review: vgc8260's Celebrity Reflection Review
San Juan
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
San Juan appeared to be a very beautiful city and port.

But, after having our shore excursion cancelled and arriving later, I cannot give this a first class rating ... especially after being warned about the crime rate and not to wonder to much after dark.

Why would they have an original arrival time of 3:00pm where my excursion could have been completed and I could have been back safely on the ship and then change the arrival time without notice?

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Beautiful island but chose the wrong shore excursion.

Spent too much time at the zoo (1hr and 20min) when we could have been exploring the entire island. Our tour guide even asked the people on our tour what the most popular part of the island was. I whispered to my girlfriend the airport on the Dutch Side. No one had the answer and the tour operator said the " airport where the planes cross very closely to the beach ". Unbelievably we did not go there.

At least I am going back to St Maarten this November. I will make my way over to the airport and the shopping districts on my own rather than waste my money on an excursion.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Have been to St Thomas quite a few times and did not want to take an excursion this time. If you have never been to St Thomas and are arriving by Cruise Ship, take the aerial tram. This will give you a fabulous view from about 800-1000' of the surrounding islands and of the cruise ships below.

If you have never seen an iguana and are arriving by either Princess or Celebrity on the northern piers, you will see many of the iguanas sunning themselves along the rocks that are just off the main pier.

One this that is beautiful about St Thomas is the water colour. Of all of the ports that we visited on this trip, St Thomas has by far the best water colour.

In my opinion, of all of the ports that I have visited on my ventures to the Caribbean over the years, Bonnaire has the clearest water by a land slide.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum