Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Annalise's Port Reviews of Tortola, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, St. Barts, St. Maarten

Crystal Serenity cruise in January 2013
Member Name: Annalise
Cruise Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: Annalise's Crystal Serenity Review
Tortola
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Tortola consisted of a shabby little town with colorful little huts directly outside the pier. Native inhabitants hawked their wares like bags, mugs, postcards, etc. A 10-minute walk from the pier will get you to the huts and after that, there's not much to see. I would've rather had another day at sea.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
St. Kitts
Island tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This was a wonderful tour that unveiled the beauty of St. Kitts before our eyes. Michael, our guide, was wonderful and described everything in great detail. He was also very kind to passengers with special needs. We saw the Fairview plantation, a batik store in the middle of the rainforest, Brimstone Hill Fort, Frigate Bay and the great divide between the Atlantic and the Caribbean. It was a wonderful tour and I highly recommend it.

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We were so impressed with St. Kitts tour, we decided to take same for St. Lucia.Unfortunately, although naturally beautiful, St. Lucia does not have as much to see as St. Kitt. Our guide, Amaible, was very informative and he looked like the actor, Morgan Freeman. He even sounded like him when he spoke. It was a good tour, but St. Kitt was better.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
Guadeloupe
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
This is not in order as we went to Guadeloupe directly after Tortola, but I have to mention it because it was absolutely awful! We set in an industrial area that spewed out stinky, sulphur fumes. I thought at first that the ship had a sewer back up or something. We went into town because I needed to buy needles for needlepoint. Everyone speaks French. I speak fluent French so there was no problem, but again, I would've preferred another day at sea. Guadaloupe is not an appropriate port for Crystal clientele.

More Guadeloupe Reviews Guadeloupe Port Profile Guadeloupe Forum
St. Barts
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Can you say 'SHOP'??? WOW!!! I was so happy that day! Another French-owned island, St. Bart is an absolutely gorgeus island with huge yachts moored in its bay and beautiful houses dotting its cliffs. I shopped till I dropped. I met two ladies from the ship and we shopped Ligne St. Bart, a small store with beautiful body lotions and creams. The lotions are lush and creamy and very reasonably priced. We walked around the town until my feet throbbed and I had to return. That was a very good day:)

More St. Barts Reviews St. Barts Port Profile St. Barts Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We've been to St. Maarten many, many times. It's a great place to shop for jewelry and table linens. I purchased all my table linens there many years ago and they are still in great shape. There's something for everyone in St. Maarten.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Grand Turk
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Went on the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure and it was a another home run. The men who took us out were terrific, funny and very attentive to those who were wary of snorkeling for the first time. We snorkeled over a live reef and saw hundreds of colorful fish, a sea turtle and two nurse sharks. We were out for 3 hours, but it felt like 1/2 hour. It was a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I will never forget it.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum