Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: mwsrccl's Carnival Sensation Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Arrived at noon and stayed till 6am next day in Nassau. There were like 6 ships in port, so it was busy busy. Got off ship and walked around town for a while. No one harassed us or approached us for drugs. Went to straw market, but ladies were very rude and did not was to bargain much due to so many people, one lady screamed at me because I noticed a stitch was coming out of her purse she was selling. You can get the same items in stores in town cheaper as we later found out. Was going to go to Senor Frogs, but 1.5 hour wait, so went to Sharkeez and loved it. Great drinks- Dirty Monkey.. Great atmosphere and a great time, thanks to the carnival sensation dancers that showed up and provided free entertainment along with DJ and Karaoke. Had the chicken nachos which were good, but portion size was small.

Then took a horse drawn carriage ride around city. $30 for about a 25 minute ride around town ( could have got it cheaper, but was all haggled out after horrible experience at straw market.). Our driver a young guy was very funny and made it worth every penny. Horse seemed very healthy and they rest then several days a week and everyday between 1-2p.

Tip- There are people that will try to put necklaces on you they say are free and then they demand a donation. I gave a guy a dollar and he wanted $5 and proceeded to take the necklace back off us. I suggest just saying no and walking away..

Did not do the beach or Atlantis.

Overall, I liked the port. Not my favorite, but not as bad as people say.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum