Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > cyntil8ing's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten, Half Moon Cay

cyntil8ing's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten, Half Moon Cay
Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in December 2012
Member Name: cyntil8ing
Cruise Date: December 2012
Member Review: cyntil8ing's Nieuw Amsterdam Review
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Unfortunately, weather caused us to miss Grand Turk. We had booked a private snorkeling excursion with Blue Water Divers. They refunded all except a $10 fee. The port cancelation was announced at 7:00pm the night before. There was also a letter in our cabin that evening and a free glass of champagne at dinner the following night. We were also refunded $14 in port taxes and fees to our onboard account.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was our third stop in San Juan. Because of missing Grand Turk, we arrived at 8:00am rather than 1:00pm. Our departure remained at 10:00pm. We were so excited to be arriving early because we would be able to go to La Bombonera, a favorite breakfast restaurant and get mallorcas. Unfortunately, after 110 years in business, it has closed. We walked around Old San Juan, up to Castillo San Cristobal, then down towards El Morro. We used Yelp to decide where to stop for lunch and ended up at a pleasant little restaurant, St. Germain Bistro & Cafe.
More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We took the water taxi over to Phillipsburg and walked around for a few hours. We have been here a few times, and didn't really want to do an excursion. We were back on board by lunchtime and enjoyed the deserted aft pool.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Ahhh, HMC, my favorite cruise ship stop. This was our third stop here. Before I plopped myself down on the beach to laze and sip fruity frozen drinks for a few hours, I went for a run. The walking loop is very short, about .6 mile, so I just took any road I could find. I went back down to where the tenders docked, then out to the stingrays and glass bottom boat, and out to the horse stable. It was just short of 3 miles.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum