Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lgrug321's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

lgrug321's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Carnival Freedom cruise in December 2012
Member Name: lgrug321
Cruise Date: December 2012
Member Review: lgrug321's Carnival Freedom Review
St. Thomas
Snorkeling Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We snorkeled in St.Thomas with John, Johnny, and Dave on one of the Caribbean Girl catamarans, and it was wonderful! They are all "lost boys" (30 going on 16) but were very professional in their skills. Don't let the "party boy" act fool you into worrying that they are incapable. They were in fact the most hardworking crew in terms of customer satisfaction that I have ever sailed with, and I have been on probably 20 snorkel excursions. I highly recommend them.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
In Antigua we did the Canopy Tour and Challenge Course. Very fun, very challenging! You don't have to be an athlete to do it, but it helps if you are at least moderately fit. We lost about half our group on the challenge course: it is quite difficult! With the aid of the almost 18 year old daughter (who is fearless) I made it and did not have to take the walk of shame. This excursion also gets you away from the port and into the island, which is very beautiful.

As to the port itself, it is very pretty but it smells like sewage. Get off the main area, go to Hemingway's and find a spot on the balcony to people watch.

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: Not Rated
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! If I ever win the lottery, I will have a house on Tortola. Clean, delightful, can't say enough good about it. The young adults hiked and toured, while we older folks wandered the town. Sunny Caribbe is a terrific little shop, and one street back is an alley with craft shops and stores and cafes. It is not cheap, but I could have cheerfully spent all day wandering.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: Not Rated
I had not planned on even getting off the boat in Nassau (been there, done that, not impressed) but I am glad I did. The entire area around the port has been redone, and it is much improved. The straw market has been rebuilt and is wonderful now. The hair braiding people have also been moved. Now if they could only get rid of the "free necklace" people!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum