Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: bbenson's Carnival Triumph Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I'm giving this port a fairly high rating because although the town was dirty, it was nice to get off the tourist path a bit and get a look at something closer to "real" mexico. Yes I know it's still a tourist port but it was a refreshing change. Plus many items were far cheaper here than in cozumel so it made for some nice knick knack shopping. The people in the town seemed very eager to please and the service at the restaurant where we had lunch was excellent. I just wish I could remember its name.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Cozumel, the sold staple port of any Western Caribbean / Mayan Riviera cruise. If you've done a western Caribbean cruise, you've been to Cozumel so I won't devote a lot of space to it. Very Touristy, very crowded but like a good old friend always nice to see.
More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum