Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > OpalGem's Port Reviews of Barbados, St. Lucia, St. John (U.S.V.I.), St. Maarten, St. Thomas

Celebrity Summit cruise in December 2012
Member Name: OpalGem
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: OpalGem's Celebrity Summit Review
Barbados
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We were given a history of the island. The tour was approximately 1.5 hours. We were dropped back in town and were able to shop before heading back to the ship.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Zip Lining and Rain Forest Tour.

Zip Lining - very good activity. About 18 different platforms and last around 3 hours. You will enjoy the ride and the guides are very helpful.

Rain Forest Tour - The guides are great. Going into the rain forest was very informative. You are able to call birds, see a great history of how the islanders lived in days gone by.

Then you are able to get a taste of items grown in the rain forest like coconuts and various fruits. We enjoyed it and the people that did the presentations.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
First time in this port. Very little to do besides going swimming. We walked around downtown, shopped and had a light meal. The town is very small but the people are friendly. There are many, many beaches for vacationers to enjoy.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Shopping, Shopping, Shopping. This is one of my favorite islands. Do not 'win' the $50 scratch off. They will take you to the other side of the island and waste a lot of your time.

The shops are fabulous and the city is spread out to make the tour of the shops enjoyable. The merchandise is very extensive.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Glass-Bottom Boat Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Glass bottom boat was enjoyable. Able to see many different types of sea life. The tour was an hour and the crew were great.

Paradise Point Skyride Rating: Not Rated
Paradise Point Skyride - very nice. You get a great view of St. Thomas and the islands surrounding. It goes to the top of the mountain and you can walk around and take pictures.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum